Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Changi Neighbourhood Police - Where Are You?



On 13 May 2008 at around 5.50pm, I saw a group (about 3) of motorbikes riders parked their bikes at the void deck of Blk.384 Tampines St.32. They were seated at the void deck chairs and tables nearer to the Multi-Storey Carpark.



I called up the Changi Neighbourhood Police Centre at 5.55pm and the lady receiving the call told me that if she can find any police car near the vicinity to be despatched there. I waited.....and waited....and at about 6.21pm, one motorbike left the void deck;


And I'm still waiting for the police patrol car and it's still nowhere in sight. Now the motorbike that left previously came back again at 6.31pm;


More than half an hour and the Changi NPC patrol car still not here and I wonder did they ever appear? They have not given me a call though I have left my numbers behind. During my previous email to Mr.Mah B.T. (MP for Tampines) and I was referred to Tampines NPC. Tampines NPC told me that Tampines Mart is under the purview of Changi NPC. But I'm not sure if Blk.384 is under whose purview - Changi or Tampines? Why make things so complicated for the residents?

All we ask for is a SAFE neighbourhood, and is it so difficult Mr.Mah? There are more and more motorbikes gangs rode and parked their bikes at the void deck of Blk.381, 382, 383 too. In the past, the police patrol car patrolled at the way in but now seldom see them patrol in and just along the loop St.32, 33 and 34. Thus more riders just gather around the void deck table and parked their bikes besides them.

In this case who would park at the MSCP? You park there and have to display coupons and may get summon if expired, but at the void deck - Free and No one bothers!

Note : I've yet to receive any email reply from Changi NPC after the Tampines NPC referred my email to them. You may check out this post.

Video and Photo taken on : 13 May 2008 (Tues) at around 5.55pm to 6.35pm

No comments: